ALLERGY FRIENDLY BREAD COOKBOOK
Bread or Dead is an allergy and food intolerance friendly eBook with recipes for everyone to enjoy.
Bread or Dead: 20+ Killer Paleo and Vegan Recipes.
Free From Gluten, Dairy and Eggs.
Nightshade- and Nut-Free options.
Includes a World-First recipe for Egg-Free Paleo Sandwich Bread!
Ready to purchase? Buy now for only $AUD 12.95! (GST incl.)
Approx $US9 / €8 / £7
Note: If you use PayPal to checkout, click on "Return to Seller" after payment to download the files or you can download the files using the link in the email sent to you. Emails with receipt and/or download links may sometimes go in to a Spam or Junk folder, so please check those folders.
Or if you want to know more, have a read of the below and check out the handy FAQs.
If you would like to sign up as an affiliate for an easy and generous 30% commission, the affiliate program is open to everyone! This is particularly suited to health professionals, health sciences students and wellness bloggers but anyone can sign up and recommend to their friends/family/followers! I really want to get this book to the people that need it and will benefit from the recipes! Sign up as an affiliate now.
Have you been told that gluten is no good for your gut?
Discovered that dairy destroys your pristine skin?
Or, you may have changed your diet for ethical reasons or general health improvement.
If you've been advised - or decided on your own - to avoid certain foods, it doesn't mean your diet has to be boring. Anything but! We live in an era where alternatives are freely available and access to ingredients to make beautiful food at home is better than ever. Unfortunately, many pre-made gluten-free and vegan foods available at supermarkets often have undesirable ingredients such as gums and soy lecithin that can cause digestive and skin problems and are nutritionally void.
Baked goods, and bread in particular, are the foods people find the hardest to give up when told they can't eat gluten as part of a new diet. I always picture people responding to the news with "I'd rather die than live without bread", such is the love that people have for the good stuff. So, that's how the book name Bread or Dead came about - I wanted to have a bit of fun with our collective cultural obsession with bread and anything baked.
I wrote this book so that people could see how delicious and easy it can be to replace gluten- and dairy-containing foods and not just survive, but thrive, on a restricted diet. It’s really important to me that the recipes are easy to make, delicious, affordable and use easy to find ingredients.
allergy friendly bread cookbook is perfect for many people
This book has been designed to cater for those situations when you want to make yourself some delicious food or prepare some food to entertain with, but food restrictions are making you feel overwhelmed and unsure where to start. Unless otherwise noted in the individual recipe introductions, all recipes naturally fit the following categories or have great alternative options or substitutions:
- Free of the top 8 allergens (so, very allergy friendly)
- Paleo (Grain-Free, Legume -Free)
The book includes some very unique recipes including a world-first egg free Paleo sandwich bread and my signature purple flatbread - the dough for this can also be used for an endless list of sensational food you've been missing such as tostadas, enchiladas, samosas, empanadas and more!
FAQs for this allergy friendly bread cookbook
- Original Paleo Sandwich Bread
- Vegan Sandwich Bread
- Bread Variations – Seed Loaf, Everything Bagel Loaf, Higher Protein Loaf, Spiced Fruit Loaf
- Burger Buns
- Bread Chips/Croutons
- Thin and Crispy Pizza Bases
- Purple Sweet Potato Flatbread
- Purple Baked Tortilla Chips
- Spiced Savoury Flatbread
- Taco Shells
- Mini Tostadas
- Spiced Beetroot Hummus
- Lazy Baba Ganoush
- Deluxe Guacamole
- Chipotle and Tamarind Dip
- Macadamia Basil Pesto
- Smoky Cheesy Cashew Queso
- Quick Pickled Red Onions
- Creamy Dairy-Free Tzatziki
- Roasted Macadamia Sea Salt Brownies
- 2 Ingredient Hazelnut Cookies
The book is non-denominational - it's for everyone! Whether you can eat whatever you want (lucky you!) or you have dietary restrictions for different reasons, there is something for everyone. I worked hard to make all the recipes accessible in terms of equipment and ingredients as there's nothing worse than crazy long ingredient lists with obscure items or recipes that require expensive equipment.
Importantly, the Sandwich Bread recipe and its variations do require good attention to detail and motivation to get the best result. So, if you're not too fussed about this recipe, I recommend having a look at all the other recipes in the book for inspiration. The bread recipe was designed to fill a gap in the market since there are no other Paleo egg-free sandwich breads out there! So it's really for a specific type of person who needs this recipe in their life!
- All recipes are quick and very easy to make- there is no fussing around here!
- Ingredients are easy to find either locally to you or online
- Delicious, beautiful flavour in every recipe
- Most recipes freeze well - perfect for meal prep and batch cooking
- Versatile - the flatbread dough can be used to make tortilla chips, taco shells, tostadas. It can also be refrigerated or frozen if you prefer to use a small amount at a time
- Most recipes can be made in advance or partly in advance
- The recipes fit many different dietary styles making entertaining a breeze
- All recipes are free of major allergens
All effort has been made to minimise use of specialist equipment where possible.
The only specialist equipment needed beyond standard kitchen items is:
- A digital kitchen scale is essential to ensure best results. Baking is a science, so accuracy is important. Digital kitchen scales actually make measuring out ingredients much easier and they also make it easy to scale recipes up or down.
- a tortilla press/chapati press OR a clear pie dish and a rolling pin is recommended for the flatbread rather than just using a rolling pin to shape. Choosing one of these options makes shaping the flatbread a breeze.
- a specific size bread loaf pan is recommended for the sandwich bread recipe for best results. Either a small Pullman pan 23x10x10cm (9x4x4in) or a pan that is close to 23x13x8cm (9x5x3in). Here is an Australian option for the pan from Williams Sonoma. These pans are high quality and will last decades. The pan used for the book is the Pullman pan as mentioned - it results in the beautiful tall loaf seen in the pictures.
- a candy thermometer or digital quick-read thermometer for the tostadas (if making the version that uses flatbread dough).
- a burger bun pan or metal rings for the burger buns. Recommended size: 11cm/4½ in diameter.
Here are two options:
- a thin-edged egg lifter/turner is highly recommended for the flatbread as it gets under the dough easily. The one I recommend is called “Pyrex flexible turner”.
Please also see the handy chart below for more details.
Most recipes have been developed to contain minimal ingredients, and every single ingredient plays an important role. Creating the recipes to cater to many different people was a challenge, and so most recipes will require an element of pre-planning to pick up one or two specialty ingredients that make the recipes work well.
See below for a summary:
Beyond the standard ingredients found in most kitchens or supermarkets, these ingredients also feature in the recipes. Please refer to each recipe for detailed ingredient lists.
- Potato starch (not potato flour) - I recommend Bob's Red Mill brand. This is used in the Sandwich Bread and its variations, the Spiced Fruit Loaf and the Burger Buns
- Tapioca starch - any brand works well. This is used in the Sandwich Bread and its variations, the Spiced Fruit Loaf and the Burger Buns. It is also used in the flatbreads, pizza bases, tostadas, tortilla chips and taco shells.
- Fine Coconut flour – most coconut flour is a fine texture, however some are coarse which is not
suitable. In Australia, I recommend the brand from Woolworths health food aisle (Pacific Organics)
and internationally, Coconut Secret. Otherwise, check the brand you want to use is a fine texture.
- Collagen hydrolysate powder – used in the original Paleo sandwich loaf. Do not use gelatin in
its place as it behaves completely differently
- Bob's Red Mill double-acting gluten free baking powder is the recommended product for the Sandwich Bread and its variations, the Spiced Fruit Loaf and the Burger Buns. This product makes a big difference to the end result. This is available internationally via iHerb.com, other online grocery stores, in addition to local health food stores. It contains a small amount of corn starch, so for those allergic to corn, another baking powder may be used, but the bread will rise a little less.
- Psyllium husk powder (not whole husks) for the all of the bread and bun recipes
- Golden flaxseed/linseed meal powder for the pizza base
- Instant yeast is used in the Sandwich bread recipe and its variations, the Spiced Fruit Loaf and the Burger Buns.
- Cacao powder and high quality dark chocolate are used in the brownie recipe
- Liquid smoke for the Lazy Baba Ganoush and Smoky Cheesy Cashew Queso
- Pomegranate arils/seeds for the Deluxe Guacamole
- Chipotle chiles in adobo sauce and tamarind paste for the Chipotle and Tamarind dip
- Nutritional yeast flakes for the Smoky Cheesy Cashew Queso and Macadamia Basil Pesto
- Date paste as a vegan option for the Hazelnut Cookies
For the breads, pizza and the brownies, measurements are given in grams for most ingredients because it allows for greater accuracy and for scaling recipes up and down. Liquids are also measured in grams, so please remember to keep your digital kitchen scale set to grams. The exceptions are where small amounts of ingredients are called for, such as teaspoon and tablespoon amounts or where the precise amount isn’t so crucial.
These recipes took quite a lot of time to develop and any known substitutions are provided with each recipe. Believe me when I say these recipes have been tested to within an inch of their lives!
I recommend trying the recipe as written first and then if you enjoy experimenting, you can try substitutions if you like. I cannot guarantee your substitutions will work, simply because there are so many variables in play. That’s part of the magic of cooking!
The book is in A4 PDF format. There are two options - one is an interactive option with hyperlinks and a clickable contents list. This is a higher file size (31MB) and the other is a smaller file size that is non interactive options (8MB).
To view the interactive version and use the clickable links, you will need to use Adobe Acrobat Reader (available for most devices and operating systems) - some other options may also work.
Yes, absolutely! Although this was designed as an eBook, it can be printed out. It is formatted to be printed on A4 paper, with double-sided colour printing so that it most closely resembles a book or magazine. Please keep in mind that it has not been created as a printed book, so the print quality will depend on the printing service you use. The best file to print is the one with the higher file size.
Before making a recipe, I strongly recommend reading the recipe in full, including the notes, to get the best results. I have provided detailed instructions for all recipes as I know the finer details of how they all work. You are also welcome to contact me if you have any questions.
PayPal is one option and major credit cards can also be used - Stripe provides the payment gateway.
Please choose carefully as all sales are final, with no refunds.
Note: If you use PayPal to checkout, click on "Return to Seller" after payment to download the files or you can download the files using the link in the email sent to you.
Emails with receipt and/or download links may sometimes go in to a Spam or Junk folder, so please check those folders.
I suggest opening your files up on a PC or a Mac and saving to the cloud (eg. Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive) so you can access as many times as you like. There is a limit of 5 downloads in place for all purchases to minimise piracy, so if you open the files on your phone/tablet to have a look, that counts as one download. Each time you do that it counts towards the total of 5, so it's best to save first to the cloud and then open the book that way from your phone/tablet.