- 60 g ⅔ cup whey protein isolate
- 50 g ⅓ cup buckwheat flour
- 1 large banana peeled
- 2 large or extra large eggs
- 150 mL water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- Pinch of salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
Preheat frypan over medium heat
Blend all ingredients together thoroughly.
Spray some oil in the frypan.
Use ⅓ cup of batter for each pancake. Pour very quickly in to the middle of the pan and the batter will spread on its own.
After 2 or so minutes, flip carefully with an egg lifter. Cook for only one minute on the second side and remove to a plate when done. Cover with foil to keep warm.
Repeat Steps 4 and 5 for the remaining batter. Serve immediately.
These pancakes may be made in advance and stored in the fridge but they are best when eaten fresh. To reheat, sprinkle with some water on each side before heating in the microwave.
Hello! The photos of this recipe and the content above are copyright protected.
Please do not use the photos without prior written permission from Allison Jones. If you wish to share this recipe, please provide a link back to the recipe on my website - social media sharing sites like Pinterest will do this automatically. If you make significant changes to the recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own unique words and provide a link back here for credit. Thank you!
- Equipment: Stick blender, food processor or blender; frypan; measuring scales, measuring cups, egg lifter
- Please don't substitute the whey protein with a plant-based protein powder - the texture is completely different so it won't work! If you're after a vegan protein pancake, there are plenty of great recipes online.
Serving: 3pancakes | Sodium: 114mg | Sugar: 9g | Fiber: 3g | Calories: 336kcal | Saturated Fat: 2g | Fat: 6g | Protein: 38g | Carbohydrates: 30g