- 2 cups 470g tightly packed pre-cooked purple sweet potato
- 2 cups 185g unflavoured or vanilla whey protein powder
- ⅓ cups 45g ground rolled oats or oat flour (subsitute with ¼ C dessicated coconut if desired)
- 2 US tablespoons 42g honey ((use more if you prefer a sweeter flavour)
- 2 teaspoons 5g vanilla essence
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ⅓ cup 43g chopped pecans (optional)
Blend all ingredients (except the pecans) together in the food processor until a pudding consistency is achieved.
Remove from the food processor. Add in the chopped pecans and stir well.
Refrigerate for up to 4 days. May also be frozen in individual portions in a muffin tray (grease first, use muffin cups or a silicon tray to prevent sticking
Hello! The photos of this recipe and the content above are copyright protected.
Please do not use the photos without prior written permission from Allison Jones. If you wish to share this recipe, please provide a link back to the recipe on my website - social media sharing sites like Pinterest will do this automatically. If you make significant changes to the recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own unique words and provide a link back here for credit. Thank you!
- Equipment: food processor, high speed blender or Thermomix
- I buy pre-cooked frozen purple sweet potatoes, peel and then measure the right amount. This recipe will also work with other sweet potato or pumpkin - if using pumpkin, additional protein powder or oat flour may be needed to balance out the extra water content of the pumpkin.
- Water can be added to the recipe if a less dense texture is desired.
- Makes 790g total
- 79g per serve (heaped ⅓C) = 10 serves of 187 calories each
- Macros per serve: 4g fat, 20g carbohydrate, 19g protein
- Feel free to use whatever protein powder you like, as long as it's either neutral or vanilla flavour
- Serve with whatever takes your fancy: nuts, berries, mango, chocolate
- Vegan option: use your fave neutral or vanilla vegan protein powder and replace honey with maple syrup
Serving: 1/3 cup (79g) | Calories: 187kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Sodium: 109mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g