Repeat after me: "Eating well is easy! Eating well is easy!" 🙂
Seriously though, there is a misconception that eating healthy is difficult and expensive. It doesn't have to be either of those things if you plan and work out ways to simplify. Often the best recipes are the simplest (which is why I really admire Wholefood Simply), and so it is with this recipe which is so easy "even a child could do it" (said my grandmother about boxed cake mixes, who then proceeded to bake the cake without adding the required water!).
These Two Ingredient Pistachio Biscuits are reminiscent of the flavours of baklava, and are suitably sweet. Don't be expecting a low carb recipe!
Two Ingredient Pistachio Biscuits (Cookies)
- 175 g raw pistachios approx. 1 heaped cup
- ¼ cup honey liquid measure - use rice syrup for vegan option
- Pre-heat oven to 165C (330F) and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Place the pistachios in the food processor. Pulse for 20 seconds on and off until broken down in to small pieces. Remove 1 heaped tablespoon from the mixing bowl and set aside.
- Continue to process the remaining pistachios until a flour or meal is formed. Be careful to avoid turning the pistachios in to butter. A somewhat coarse texture is good.
- Soften the honey to a liquid if it's not in liquid form and ensure the measurement after softening is correct. Let the honey cool.
- Place the pistachio flour in to a mixing bowl, pour the honey in and mix until well combined.
- Use a tablespoon to scoop out amounts for each biscuit. Shape in to a round biscuit shape and place on the lined tray. You may want to keep a large bowl of warm water on the bench to rinse hands. Repeat until the mixture is used up. Use the pistachio pieces that were set aside to gently press in to the top of each biscuit.
- Bake for 8 minutes, then turn the tray and bake for another 2-4 minutes, ensuring the biscuits are lightly brown on the edges. Keep an eye on them to avoid burning. Cool on the tray.
- Can be stored at room temperature for 3 days or frozen.