dairy free, gluten free, egg free, vegan option, paleo \
Chocolate mousse is an undeniable classic for good reason - the richness of the chocolate taste is matched by the richness of the mousse texture. This decadent chocolate mousse has only 3 ingredients, but it's as rich as they come. It also happens to be suitable for those on dairy and egg free diets.
Chocolate itself has many health benefits, from mood effects to prebiotic fibre to its high magnesium content for healthy muscles.
Decadent chocolate mousse is the perfect recipe when you're looking to impress someone, but you've got limited time up your sleeve. Just make sure to pre-prepare by placing the coconut cream in the fridge at least 4 hours before you intend to make this.
Decadent Chocolate Mousse (Dairy and Egg Free)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons honey or 3 tablespoons maple syrup or rice malt syrup can be used
- 270 mL/1 small can coconut cream chilled for minimum 4 hours
- 4 tablespoons cacao powder
- Option: to make a spicy chocolate mousse add a couple of pinches of cayenne pepper and 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder.
- If the honey is solid or firm, gently soften in a saucepan or in the microwave and set aside to cool (don't allow it to firm up again).
- Place the chilled coconut cream in a mixing bowl or in the beaker for a stick blender.
- Add the cacao powder and mix thoroughly, try to get it as smooth as possible. You can use a hand held mixer for this or stick blender.
- Mix the honey in thoroughly.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate. This will keep in the fridge for 3-4 days.
- Pre-prep: place coconut cream in fridge overnight or at least 4 hours prior.
- Equipment: hand mixer, stand mixer or stick/immersion blender; saucepan if honey is solid; mixing bowl
Pin it for Later!